Hello and welcome back to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we unpack the numbers and nuance behind the headlines.
- We started with a look at the Figma-Adobe deal, worth some $20 billion. TechCrunch’s news coverage is here, and Alex has more notes here.
- Deals of the Week: Maven, Patreon, and Modulous.
- We also spoke about the Launch House issue, and what to make of the model, and management of the company. The conversation naturally landed us on just what community is.
- From there, Europe! Which is seeing a wave a new venture funds, leading to some notable intra-continent competition.
- And then we wrapped with a short note on the latest on the Twitter-Musk deal.
If you are coming to Disrupt, use the code “EQUITY” to save 15%. It makes us look good internally, and gets you a cheaper discount to our first Disrupt live show in the history of the podcast.